Monday, March 4, 2013

Toowoomba Holiday in January


Again it has been a long time since I have posted anything on my Blog, lots of reasons, however being a bit lazy was one of them.  Well in January I managed to get some time off work for 3 weeks, so I went back to Toowoomba to see my precious girls.  Before I left I promised Kaitlyn that I would try my best to get back to Toowoomba before school started.  She was really nervous about going into year 6 and desperately wanted me to be there for the first day.  The other bonus was being able to spend my birthday with the girls.
14th January 2013
This was taken circling over Brisbane, almost there.
I didn't arrive in Toowoomba till quite late, and my holiday accommodation wasn't going to be ready till the next day.  I stayed the night with a good friend, we shared a few beers, and some very funny stories, mainly about the goings on of Mornington Island.  Being a dry community, meaning nil alcohol what so ever, it had been a while since last enjoying a drink.  Was a most enjoyable evening catching up again, thanks Johnsy.
15th January 2013
The next morning I was up nice and early, I had also hired a car, so it was up to Highfields.  I was met by 3 very excited little girls, well Kaitlyn isn't really little anymore, neither is Hannah, they will always be my babies though.  Emma had grown so much, she is a real little chatterbox, so cute.  That morning she just clung to me, I had the best cuddles, she really didn't want to let go, she cried when I put her down.

My little Princess Emma, how cute is she.
It was pretty confusing for Emma, before I left Toowoomba for Mornington Island, we spent alot of time together, as I wasn't at home with the girls I wanted to make sure that I always had that special Daddy bond with my girls.  With Emma still breastfeeding, she was still very much reliant on Suzy.  I had to put alot of time in to ensure we didnt lose that bond.  By the time I left for Mornington Island, we were very close, she enjoyed coming over to my home, spending time with me, there were times that we would spend the entire day together, she would go to sleep on my bed when she was tired, usually though we had a nice cuddle together first.
When I came back from Mornington Island, even though I got some beautiful cuddles to start with, she was still a little reluctant to be without her mummy.  It was confusing for her, it was also hard for me, I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with my girls.
Well, I think thats about enough for tonight, will promise to add more snippets regarding the Toowoomba holiday over the next few days, I will endeavour to try and keep this up to date, so I have heaps to catch up on.
P.S. Kaitlyn, Hannah and Emma, love you all to the moon and back, forever and always, no matter what.
Lots of Love
Daddy
xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. You are the BEST Daddy in the world and we are very proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete