Friday, September 5, 2014

Kaitlyn Visits Mornington Island

About this time last year, Kaitlyn came back with me to Mornington Island, she stayed for 6 weeks, we had an awesome time together, I did have to work most of the time, however my work roster was based around when Kaitlyn was in school, so it worked pretty good for the two of us.

Lots of adventures, we went fishing a few times, crabbing, Kaitlyn got a pretty big mud crab, visited our favourite place, Gold Cliffs, lots of exploring the beaches, we found a turtle nest.  Kaitlyn got to experience the school up here, being the only white kid in her class was a bit of a culture shock for her I think.  During the school holidays, they had a traditional dance festival, with dance groups from all over Australia visiting, even as far away as Western Australia.

The best part was just being able to spend time together, and enjoy each other's company.  She did enjoy having some one on one time with me, with no distractions and not having to share me with her little sisters, however towards the end she was really missing her Mummy and little sisters.

We both had a fantastic time, it was special.

































































1 comment:

  1. What a sweetheart she is, and I know she will always remember that time with you, luv Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete